Oh my…! Really? when did it all escalate so far? Why are we doing de-stressing skincare??! Matildas…no…you gotta take care of yourself more. You shouldn’t be needing this. But, who can blame you, we are still in the pandemic!
Anyways, best friends, while we are at it might as well make the best of it. You have come to the right site and hope this article makes things easy for you to understand.
- 1 How does Stress Affect your Skin?
- 2 What is a De-stressing skincare routine?
- 3 Tips to Keep Your Skin and Mind Stress-Free
- 3.1 Some Products that you can choose from our calming range
- 3.2 BE CALMCLEANSING BALM by loum
- 3.3 Hydra Zen Glow Liquid Lightweight Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid by Lancôme
- 3.4 Stress Rescue Super Serum with Niacinamide by Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare
- 3.5 Slow Beauty De-Stress Ritual by forest essentials
How does Stress Affect your Skin?
Your body responds to your psychological state. Conditions like depression, excessive stress, anxiety, and exhaustion, can lead to several skin issues flaring up. Not just your skin but it can mess up your entire being. NO JOKE! Let us take a recent event as our biggest example of the pandemic. The whole world went into a sad pause pushing everyone to their limits. You know you’ve experienced it.
When you feel stressed, your sympathetic nervous system releases stress hormones like cortisol and adrenaline into your body. continuous stress will lead to the excessive release of all kinds of hormones which will result in an imbalance. Cortisol can cause the secretion of excessive oil in the skin tissues. And excessive oil production will lead to clogged pores and acne breakouts and also a piggish glow.
Also mentioned in Ayurveda’s guide is the principle of 3 doshas- pitta, Vata, and Kapha. Their imbalance can lead to several skin problems and many other serious life-threatening problems. Additionally, internal inflammation can occur due to imbalanced psychological conditions. Inflammation is when your body perceives a threat, the immune system sends out a response to handle it. It usually helps shield and heals our bodies from microbes and wounds, but a body under stress causes the immune system to overreact and send out an inflammatory response.
Stress also impacts the bacterial balance in your abdomen which can cause a flare-up of acne, or eczema, and psoriasis.
Points to be Noted:
- Overproduction of sebum (oil)
- Impacts your immune system
- Flare-up more inflammatory conditions
- Increased anxiety
What is a De-stressing skincare routine?
De-stressing skincare routine simply states to use lesser but good quality products which go according to your skin type and needs. Skincare products, that repair and soothe ingredients such as lavender, oatmeal, aloe vera, etc., calm skin irritation and keep your skin looking healthy and glowing. Incorporate destressing activities like yoga, meditation, exercising, painting, etc.
Tips to Keep Your Skin and Mind Stress-Free
These are the simple steps you can follow at home:
- CTM(cleansing, toning, moisturizing) make sure you follow it like a religion and do it even on those bad days
- Exercise releases feel-good hormones affecting your energy, mood, and outlook.
- Keep a balanced diet. Eat healthily. Add more green leafy veggies and fruits to your diet chart and keep oily foods, and sugar-laden foods at bay.
- Sleep is primary. Get proper sleep because while you are sleeping so many things are being replenished in your body along with new cells.
- Take out time for yourself. Try to meet yourself again, go out in nature, read more books, do yoga, and go exploring. anything that makes you feel alive again.
Some Products that you can choose from our calming range
BE CALMCLEANSING BALM by loum
It is a calming and hydrating balm with Loum’s clinically tested Tri-Serene formula.
Hydra Zen Glow Liquid Lightweight Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid by Lancôme
A soothing facial lotion, is competent in dealing with skin issues like Dryness, Redness, and Dullness. Suitable for all skin types.
Stress Rescue Super Serum with Niacinamide by Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare
For all skin types helps combat the five signs of stress-induced aging.
Slow Beauty De-Stress Ritual by forest essentials
Formulated with a blend of pure essential oils to restore equilibrium and alleviate stress. Containing SENSUOUS BODY MASSAGE OIL MOTIA & LOBAN, NIDRA – TRANQUIL SLEEP CALMING, SHANTI – STRESS RELIEF FOR DE STRESSING AND RELAXING.
According to Joshua Zeichner, the director of cosmetic and clinical research at Mount Sinai Hospital, anti-stress skincare is designed to hydrate and repair the skin barrier, as well as reduce inflammation.
We hope to see you on another important holistic topic. Till then be safe and stress-free matildas.