This article now matildas, must be pinned to the top. Because, it is an evergreen post, never losing its relevancy. There are a lot of posts on how to do makeup, which makeup products to use, brands or drugstores, etc. But here we are answering the most common makeup questions about the basics. The point of flawless makeup is to understand the fundamentals and apply them accordingly.
- 1 Most Commonly Asked Questions About Makeup
- 2 Can I wear foundations every day?
- 3 How to achieve a flawless base?
- 4 How to do quick and easy makeup?
- 5 Where to use blush?
- 6 Which goes first? Foundation or concealer?
- 7 Can I use sunscreen with my makeup?
- 8 What goes on first? Eyeliner, mascara, or eyeshadow?
Most Commonly Asked Questions About Makeup
- Can I wear foundations every day?
- How to achieve a flawless base?
- How to do quick and easy makeup?
- Where to use blush?
- Which goes first? Foundation or concealer?
- Can I use sunscreen with my makeup?
- What goes on first? Eyeliner, mascara, or eyeshadow?
Now, let us get into these makeup questions one by one. Read on to find out.
Can I wear foundations every day?
Yes matildas, you can! But there’s a catch. Sometimes some foundation formulations can clog your skin pores impacting the natural glow of your skin. And you must remember to remove your makeup and the residues well at the end of the day. And always try to buy products that are skin friendly. Pay attention to the products.
Here are some foundations you can choose from:
- Dermablend Flawless Creator Liquid Foundation Drops
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Tint with Hyaluronic Acid
- Cover FX Total Cover Cream Foundation
- BareMinerals Original Loose Powder Mineral Foundation SPF 15
- Ilia Super Serum Skin Tint SPF 40
How to achieve a flawless base?
Buff over Paint! Ladies start with the basics. Cleanse with a non-irritating face cleanser, and use a good primer—expensive or drugstore? It doesn’t matter. Just use a good one. After priming now apply the foundation using the ‘bounce/buff’ motion.
Here are some primers you can choose from:
- Cover FX Makeup Foundation Gripping Primer
- Neutrogena Shine Control Matte Booster Face Primer & Serum
- Elizabeth Mott Thank Me Later Face Primer
- Wet n Wild Photo Focus Matte Face Primer
- Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Primer
How to do quick and easy makeup?
Spot a game-changer! Try to find out which product that can do multitasking. Use simple products like lipstick for lips and cheek tint. Khol/Kajal for eyes or liner.
Here are some two-in-one-use lipsticks you can choose from:
- Milk Makeup Lip + Cheek
- L’oreal Paris Reds Of Worth Satin Lipstick With Saturated Color
- Urban Decay Vice Lipstick
- Giorgio Lip Power Longwear Satin Lipstick
- MamaEarth Moisture Matte Longstay Lipstick
Where to use blush?
As the bronzer makes the skin appear tanned or sun-kissed, whereas the blush adds color to the cheeks. Push the blush in and upwards so it gets blended easily, then place more blush along the cheekbones, and diffuse it up toward the temples. Is this makeup question answered now?
Here are some blush shades for the natural glow you can choose from:
- Nykaa Get Cheeky! Blush Duo Palette
- Chambor Luminous Blush
- Ruby’s Organics Creme Blush
- Nykaa Wonderpuff Cushion Liquid Lipstick
- SERY FlashLite Blusher Stick
Which goes first? Foundation or concealer?
Wait, why is this a controversial topic? Makeup is fun, let us do it that way. when the foundation is applied first as a base it builds the premise for your further makeup. For minor skin imperfections, apply foundation before concealer.
But there have been various celeb makeup artists who have first gone for the concealer. For stubborn marks or dark circles, concealer or color corrector should be applied before foundation.
Here are some drugstore concealers you can choose from:
- NYX HD Photogenic Concealer
- Makeup Revolution Beauty Conceal & Define Concealer
- Neutrogena Blemish Concealer
- Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser Concealer
- COVERGIRL TruBlend Full Coverage Concealer
Can I use sunscreen with my makeup?
Why not! Make sunscreen your religion. Applying sunscreen is necessary as it can prevent your skin from further damage. After applying sun protection, moisturizer, and makeup, you should use chemical sunscreen, liquid, spray, or serum. After applying moisturizer, slather on SPF, then makeup put on a physical sunscreen. But there is one rule that you must follow. Avoid pairing tinted sunscreen with makeup or sunscreens that leave a white patch as it can affect the overall shade.
Here are some sunscreens you can choose from:
- Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 40 PA+++
- Supergoop! Glowscreen SPF 40
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios Melt-In Milk Sunscreen SPF 60
- Fenty Skin Hydra Vizor Invisible Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Sunscreen
- Tatcha Silken Pore Perfecting Sunscreen
What goes on first? Eyeliner, mascara, or eyeshadow?
After a good skin prep-up for makeup, apply a little concealer on your eyelids then before applying eyeliner and mascara, contour the eye area with eye shadow. By starting at the base and working your way up, you can build up the intensity gradually.
Here are some eye shadow palettes you can choose from:
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Eyeshadow Palette
- Maybelline The Nudes Eyeshadow Palette
- Charlotte Tilbury Instant Eye Palette
- Urban Decay Naked Reloaded Eyeshadow Palette
- ColourPop Eyeshadow Palette
These were the guide map to your flawless no make up makeup routine. Answering your makeup questions to put the cat back in the bag. These questions have been circulating on Instagram and other social media platforms for years.